- Published on Tuesday, 25 July 2017 11:45
- Hits: 1207
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has given 23- point directives to the deputy commissioners (DCs) while inaugurating the three-day DCs Conference-2017 at the Prime Minister's Office here.
Following are the directives:-
1. Remain alert so that people don't become victims of harassment and deprivation in receiving government services.
2. Work together with public representatives in establishing good governance at the grassroots level.
3. Create new employments by strengthening rural economy so that the people don't become town-bound. Take steps so that the pressure of population on the towns is not increased.
4. Take a motto for development of rural infrastructure and flourishing potential small and medium scale industries as well as alleviating poverty through generating employment.
5. For minimising disparity between the rich and poor, take development programmes in such a way so that the highest number of people can get benefit from it. Ensure a balanced distribution of resources in building a disparity- less society.
6. Perform responsibilities more carefully and strictly for maintaining peace-discipline and stability in all spheres of the life by eliminating militancy, terrorism and communalism.
7. Engage cross section people of the society including local public representatives, teachers of schools, colleges and madrsas, imams of mosques, senior citizens, business leaders, women organizers, members of Ansar-VDP and village police and NGO workers in stamping out militancy and terrorism.
8. Take special measures for the welfare of the disabled and autistic people and disadvantageous communities.
9. Make effective the village courts for providing justice to the common people easily and reduce case log at the courts.
10. Give leadership for development and flourishing information and communication technology to reach services at the people's doorsteps.
11. Take steps for increasing female education rate in all spheres of education and bringing back the dropped out students to the mainstream.
12. Be more active for increasing transparency and efficiency in land administration and management as well as protecting government land.
13. Take all necessary measures for smooth supply of fertilizers, seeds, electricity and fuel etc in boosting agriculture production and take initiatives for popularising the environment-friendly agriculture management.
14. Contain marketing of adulterated food with iron hands and create mass awareness about the unethical acts.
15. Ensure proper application of merit, efficiency and experience in successful implementation of the seventh five-year plan and SDGs.
16. Take right measures at right time for reduction of natural disasters. Raise mass awareness about protecting environment and ensure proper enforcement of laws and rules related to it.
17. Take strict steps for maintaining peace in industrial zones and making uninterrupted transportation of goods and export-import and eliminating muscle power, extortion, tender manipulation and terrorism.
18. Give consumer rights to an institutional shape and curb any efforts to create an artificial crisis in market with iron hands.
19. Implement women development policy smoothly and ensure proper legal steps for stopping violence, torture and hostile attitude against women and checking woman and child trafficking.
20. Ensure scope for education, sports, entertainment and creative cultural activities for physical and mental growth of the children and juveniles. Grow interest of the children and juveniles in history, knowledge and science.
21. Stop drug peddling and trafficking and its abuse strictly.
22. Remain vigilant about protecting government land by increasing transparency and efficiency in land administration and management.
23. Preserve geo-natural beauty and biodiversity of the hill districts alongside expediting their uplift and give proper attention to the development of haor and baor regions. Extend allout cooperation to flourish tourism industry, small and medium size industries and traditional cottage industry.
Photo: Saiful Islam Kallol